General Manager/ Hotel Manager/ EAM
1. Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
2. Assists in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, Budget and Goals Programme to ensure on an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability
3. Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing within Corporate standards quality guest services and amenities.
4. Manages the functions of all hotel personnel through supervision of hotel department heads
5. Assists in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and determines and ensures execution of competitive programmes as directed
6. Participates in conducting weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in operational condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programmes and judicious planning and management of FF& E, as directed
7. Ensures emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guest and associates.
8. Coordinate with Risk Management department, work to ensure that compliance is maintained concerning applicable insurance requirements, including the center’s liability and property insurance carriers.
9. Contact, track and monitor insurance claims to ensure completion.
10. Identifies future potential department heads and participates in the development of their training plans.
11. Establishes and maintains effective internal communication and meetings structures to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
12. Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in the property and in business, social and governmental communities as appropriate.
13. Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
14. Establishes and maintains effective associate relations including open communication with all associates
15. Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel. Supervise maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings.
16. Carry out inspections of property and services.
17. Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
18. Reviews energy conservation programme to ensure minimum energy and utility consumption without sacrificing human comfort
19. In the absence of the General Manager, assumes responsibilities as appropriate
20. Keeps General Manager informed of any unforeseen events, which may occur in his/her absence
21. Ensures environmentally friendly practices are implemented in accordance with the Group Environmental Manual/local applicable laws and regulations
22. Co-ordinates functions and activities with General Manager, Regional, Area and Corporate staff as appropriate.
23. Assist the department heads in the development of the owner and capital expense forecasts. Help identify and update capital planning needs for the property. Assist with the negotiation, approval, and monitoring of all executed contracts.
24. Works with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs.
25. Works with Finance Controller in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.