Sales and Marketing
Responsibilities & Qualifications for Director of Sale & Marketing Urgent
• Bachelor Degree or relate to position apply
• 2-3years in, upscale or upper midscale hotels with at least 2-3 years of hands-on experience in a Director of Sales or higher position.
• Possesses hotel sales, marketing, and/or revenue management experience.
• Possesses leadership experience of a department or division.
• Possesses a track record of active commercial or leisure accounts that may be relevant to the hotel’s key feeder markets/market segments.
• Possesses advance levels of analytical skills and the ability to articulate the business.
• Possesses a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Possesses professional grooming.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
The incumbent herein invests an average of 50% of time on leadership:
• Motivates the sales force effectively through performance-based recognition, and counsel productively to reverse deficiencies.
• Implement good account management and servicing practices in accordance to BTHR principles.
• Coaches the sales force by way of “coaching calls”.
• Articulates and evaluates business objectives on a daily basis through departmental briefings and during weekly sales meetings.
• Provides oversight for the Catering Sales Strategies in coordination with the head of catering sales.
Invests an average of 20% of time on the selling process:
• Grows an active database of accounts with comprehensive profiles in coordination with the hotels, sales force, and the BTHR Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team.
• Develops working relationships with Regional Sales Offices and General Sales Agencies to solicit business opportunities.
• Implements an active selling program to improve system contribution via Central Reservations, branded and non-branded web channels and the Global Distribution System.
• Ensures seamless conferences and events from acquisition to delivery through the sales force and events teams.
• Conducts familiarization trips and site-inspections proficiently.
• Cross-sells all BTHR brands globally where possible.
• Attends tradeshows in related markets and overseas sales trips.
• Provides professional advisory to the Director of Sales.
Invests an average of 10% of time on researching designated markets by:
• Directs the coordination of ongoing research of the travel industry local, regional, and international markets to detect market trends and uncertainties, and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
• Providing professional advisory to the Area General Manager and Field Sales Leader.
Invests an average of 20% of time on revenue with the head of revenue management of the designated area of sales:
• Understands the dynamics of competing hotels, assigned or otherwise, to optimize positive and reverse negative impacts on our business strategies.
• Understands the total revenue impact of accounts on the hotels for better negotiation and yielding opportunities, and reviews business activities and its results to ensure goals are on pace.
• Produces, articulates, and implements the hotels’ sales and marketing plans effectively.
• Produces, articulates, and implements competitive pricing and selling strategies and tactics successfully in coordination with revenue management, marketing communications, and the sales force.
• Reviews selling, convention, and city event calendars to keep abreast of all demand generators. Ensuring that each property under the purview of the incumbent utilizes all necessary demand information when planning strategies.
• Directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales and Marketing Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management, Booking Pace, Opera Reports, Sales Meetings and Marketing Meeting Minutes.