1. Directs and control all subordinate engineering staff to ensure that all day to day operation matters are handled on time and that guest expectations are met.
2. Maintains facilities and equipment by conducting routine inspections and determining appropriate rectification measures.
3. Maintains systems to be able to handle day to day guest requests quickly and efficiently.
4. Prepares duty rosters, vacation plans and schedules and public holiday schedules to assure efficient use of human resources.
5. Plans and schedules appropriate on-going preventative maintenance programmes.
6. Ensures the implementation and follow up of energy conservation programs
7. Keeps records of all information in the form of blueprints, diagrams, manuals, maintenance records, logs and journals relevant to the efficient operation of the department.
8. Maintains a supply of inventory necessary for optimal operating efficiency.
9. Liaises with purchasing and suppliers to ensue provision of quality engineering supplies at most competitive prices.
10. Develops and promotes energy conservation programmes by monitoring utility costs and consumption.
11. Monitors the standard of work carried out by contractors engaged by the hotel to ensure that it meets the agreed quality.
12. Ensures that safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees meet or exceed the recognised industry standards and conform to local legal requirements.
13. Prepares, monitors and controls the hotel’s annual R&M budget..
14. Maintain efficient administration within the department preparing and submitting operational reports on time.
15. Ensures that employees are selected, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliances with existing employee management systems.
16. Supports the Corporate Social Responsibility program of the Group through the implementation of policies and programs that contribute to environment-friendly practices in the Group’s hotels and resorts.
17. Contributes to risk management activities for existing and future projects.
18. Leads and is responsible for the implementation of the internal talent development program.
19. Maintains project team accomplishments by communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports; escalating project completion impediments
20. Comply; drive brand standard and value initiative.
21. Determines engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests; analyzing and synthesizing data; maintaining control charts; determining root causes; preparing bid specifications.
22. Resolves engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards; performing installations.
23. Verifies engineering applications by conducting tests and inspections; building and analyzing models and simulations; conducting laboratory experiments and measurements.
24. Meets cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analyses; tracking and reporting expenses
25. Prepares engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; entering data and generating reports and presentations; performing calculations.
26. Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
27. Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.