Job Purpose:To maximize customer satisfaction by providing an efficient multi-lingual guest service function that addresses the day to day needs of the hotel’s guests.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. Assist Front Office Manager in supervising all Front Office areas
2. Responsible for all Front Office area in the absence of the Front Office Manager
3. Carry out other tasks as directed by Front Office Manager
4. Directs and co-ordinates all subordinate Front office staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
5. Review arrival information on a daily basis, VIPs, regular guests, Special attention guest, long staying guest, groups, special requests etc. Follow up with relevant department
6. Approve upgrades and special amenities
7. Adhere to complimentary rooms procedures
8. Liaise with the Housekeeping Department to ensure room image is maintained, rooms are services according to guest requirements and vacant rooms are cleaned according to arrival schedules.
9. Ensure Front Office personnel handle guest registration efficiently, promptly and courteously
10. Be aware of all establishment credit policies and procedures
11. Liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
12. Ensures that all guest billing procedures are handled correctly, minimizing rebates
13. Ensure correct foreign currency exchange procedure
14. Ensure correct handling of safe deposit boxes
15. Prepares, monitors and controls the hotel’s annual Front Office budget
16. Know system recovery procedures
17. Responsible for handling of reservations when reservation office is closed
18. Coordinate work operations within the department/ unit/ outlet
19. Liaises with Engineering to ensure swift response to villa/room maintenance problems
20. Liaise with Sale and Reservation offices to maximize business opportunities and ensure efficient handling of room reservations
21. Liaise with Chief Concierge and Transportation Company to ensure efficient guest transfer
22. Prevent and resolve grievances
23. Discipline staff when applicable
24. Provide on-going advice, coaches, counsels, develops and support to staff under your supervision
25. Ensure on-going departmental training
26. Attends meetings and training as required by the General Manager
27. Manage the delivery of high quality service to guests
28. Ensure guest needs and reasonable requests are met
29. Seek opportunities to continually improve guest service
30. Identify VIP, regular and long staying guest, develop rapport to offer personalized service and assistance
31. Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
32. Promote the hotel and product and service
33. Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
34. Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures
35. Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
36. Ensure a high level of cleaning is maintained in work area
37. Ensure all reporting and servicing deadlines are met on a timely basis
38. Abide by the Guest Satisfaction Index (GSI).
39. Abide by the Hotel’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct and the hotel’s Associate Handbook.