Finance & Accounting
To perform all duties as designated by the Financial Controller and be able to carry out the functions of the department during the Financial Controller’s absence.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. To ensure that the relevant support to a day’s transactions are complete and have been verified for the Financial Controller’s and Area General Manager’s review and signature.
2. To assist the Financial Controller in all stages leading to the preparation of all monthly financial reporting and analysis.
3. To assist the Financial Controller in compiling budgets and forecasts and to aid Heads of Departments by providing historical data or support details.
4. To assist in the preparation of special statistical reports which is may be required by local management or the Area Office.
5. To deputies for the Financial Controller during his absence and, therefore, to be fully acquainted the Financial Controller’s Job Description in order to carry out those responsibilities.
6. To be fully acquainted the Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts accounting system, its policies and procedures, and those of the hotel
7. To be thoroughly familiar with the duties and responsibilities of all the accounting employees under his supervision.
8. To set the guidelines and deadlines dates for each employee’s monthly work in order to ensure timely financial reporting.
9. To ensure that an organized, up-to-date filling system is maintained for all pertinent financial records.
10. To assist in reviewing all of the Accounting Department’s daily mail, including all incoming and outgoing Accounts Receivable correspondence.
11. To take surprise counts (at least once a month) of a General Cashier’s float, petty cash and other major impress funds and to report differences to the Controller.
12. To handle all problems of the Accounting office with the exception of those which have to be referred to the Financial Controller.
13. To establish and maintain a uniform Chart of Accounts prior approval of Financial Controller.