To manage the day to day operation of the Engineering Department, under the direction of the Director of Engineering and to stand in for the Director of Engineering during his absence. To continually support the engineering services that effectively address problems affecting both guests and associates
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Directs and controls all subordinate Engineering staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
2. Maintain facilities and equipment by and conducting routine inspections and determining appropriate rectification measures
3. Maintain systems to be able to handle day to day guest requests quickly and efficiently
4. Prepares duty rosters, vacation plans and schedules and public holiday schedules to ensure efficient use of human resources
5. Plans and schedules appropriate ongoing preventative maintenance programmes
6. Keeps records of all information in the form of blueprints, diagrams, manuals, maintenance records, logs and journals relevant to the efficient operation of the department
7. Maintains a supply of inventory necessary for optimal operating efficiency
8. Liases with purchasing and suppliers to ensure provision of quality engineering supplies at most competitive prices
9. Develops and promotes energy conservation programmes by monitoring utility costs and consumption
10. Monitors the standard of work carried out by contractors engaged by the hotel to ensure that it meets the agreed quality
11. Ensures that safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees meet or exceed the recognised industry standards and conform to local legal requirements
12. Prepares, monitors and controls the hotel’s annual R&M budget
13. Maintain efficient administration within the department preparing and submitting operational reports on time
14. Ensures that employees are selected, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliance with existing employee
15. Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops subordinate employees.
16. Responsible of organizing and monitoring the hotel VHP ( Villa Handyman Program ) and keep records up to date as per the group policy.
17. Responsible of organizing and monitoring the hotel VMP ( Villa Maintenance Program ) and keep records up to date as per the group policy.
18. Liaise with PCD ( project control division ) for all the upgrading and development projects and make sure we receive the good quality products as per the company standards.